Along with a few hundred students from around the world, I enrolled in Andrea and Phyllis’ Social Media Managers School this fall. They have a wealth of practical experience and they shared as much of it with us as they possibly could.
I learned a lot more than I already knew about:
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest
- Top tools for managing multiple clients’ posts on multiple social media
- Analytics you can use to measure what matters
- Producing webinars and Ebooks
- Finding clients, online and in person
- Setting expectations and actually doing the work
I came to the course with a well-developed sense of strategy, the writing skills I needed for content marketing, and long familiarity with social media. What I knew less about was a) advanced social media tactics and b) running a business.
Phyllis and Andrea took the mystery out of it. With patience and good humor, they led a varied group of wanna-bes and already-ares through the course. The Facebook group for participants was a great bonus: there were some days when I learned as much from the other students as I did from the teachers. That’s a sign of a great course.
If you are interested in managing clients’ social media for a living–or if (like me) you want to add social media management to what you can offer your clients–then you cannot do better than to sign up for the 2014 Social Media Managers School.
Just don’t call yourself an expert. Let your expertise speak for itself.