When a donor stops giving, it’s like a lover walking out the door.
They didn’t just wake up one day and decide to leave. Their reasons have been piling up, little by little, over time, until they just couldn’t stay any longer.
What are the reasons that donors say goodbye? Jay Love lists five:
1. Thought the charity did not need them: 5%
2. No information on how monies were used: 8%
3. No memory of supporting: 9%
4. Never thanked for donating: 13%
5. Poor service or communication: 18%
Poor communication kills marriages. If your donors are saying, “You never listen to me and we hardly talk except what you want money,” they are going to file for divorce.
Get some help with your communications now. This marriage can be saved.
Leave a Reply