Are you sending out a lot of thank-you notes? (I hope so, since that means you got a lot of donations!) Here are some great tips on writing thank-yous that people will remember.
- Caryn Stein of Network for Good gives us 5 Rules for Thanking Donors.
- Pamela Grow shares A free thank you letter template you can swipe!
- Beth Ann Locke advises us, “Start with appreciation. End with thanks. And liberally sprinkle gratitude in between.” Find out how in this great article.
- Gail Perry of Fired-up Fundraising tells us How to Craft a Killer Thank-You Letter.
- I’d be silly not to mention my own article, The Ideal Thank-You Letter Went Out Today. (It’s the sequel to The Ideal Appeal Letter Begins With You.)
My friend Ann Green has it right: we should be thanking our donors all year long. In fact, she suggests we set up thank-you calendars the same way we set up editorial calendars. Now, there’s a resolution to keep in 2016!
Leave a Reply